Saturday, June 27, 2020

Lessons 47-49 (end)


And it's over! No, I'm not crying... But I hope you thought Gekiranger was niki-niki too. Sorry, I couldn't help myself

For those wondering what the difference between these releases versus GS-Earthly's is:
  • No difference in video quality; these use the same video files as they did.
  • The translation is new. It was done using the Japanese closed captions.
  • "Geki" and "Rin" are left as is rather than using "Wild" and "Predatory". Though "Genjuuken" is translated as Mythic-Beast-Fist since "Gen" isn't used as a prefix for other things (like Geki Tiger and Rin Lion) and it has a pretty straightforward translation.
  • As far as the Jan-speak goes, only his frequently used words are left as is: Niki-niki, waki-waki, zowa-zowa (and its derivatives), and nei-nei hou-hou. My solution to the rest was to use a spelled-out sound effect since a lot of his "language" is based on mimetic words that are fairly common in Japanese but not so common in English. For the ones that didn't really work with a sound effect, I wanted to come up with something simple and inelegant to try to get Jan's way of speaking across since his vocabulary is pretty limited!
  • MKV chapters for convenience!
I'll put up the torrent later as part of a master download list. I don't plan on doing the VS specials so I'll add links to the releases by PocketUniverse instead.

1 comment: