Friday, April 10, 2020

Intro

While I'm facing more free time than I know what to do with during the pandemic, I decided to start working on some fresh Gekiranger subs. I'm using the captions uploaded at kitsunekko.net and the video files and timing scripts from the Earthly Subs & Hikari Senshi release.

I'm aiming for subs that can be easily understood, but I am leaving "Geki" and "Rin/Rinki" in along with some of the Jan-speak that I can't come up with suitable replacements for. I believe Geki and Rinki work well enough on their own as terms for the two school's source of power/ki/qi/ch'i and don't detract much from being left in. If I went with the full localization route, I probably would use "Fierce" and "Defiant".

Full disclosure: I worked on the Go-onger scrubs way back in the day. I never did finish the completely re-written scripts (got to 14 I think?) but I'm aiming to do all of Gekiranger. There should be less of a chance of burning out since I'm not re-watching and re-doing it for the millionth time. (I still love Go-onger though)

No comments:

Post a Comment